Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pay The Man


"What I do on the floor shows my value. At the end of the day, I don't think my value on the floor can really be compensated for anyways because of the (collective bargaining agreement)" 
"I have not had a full max deal yet in my career -- that's a story untold" 
- LeBron James in an interview with ESPN

(picture from bleacherreport.com)


LeBron doesn't get paid enough? His value can't be compensated for? The new CBA is holding him back from getting what he truly should?
LEBRON IS MAKING 17.5 MILLION DOLLARS THIS YEAR ALONE!!!!
While LeBron was taking a walk down Pity Lane and turned the corner onto Latrell Sprewell Dr, I decided to see exactly how little money Lebron really is making.  I, the man who possesses multiple jobs that do not equate to even 1/4 of 1% of LeBron's salary, came to the conclusion that LeBron is right, he really does need more money... with his 17.5 million this year, if he spent it all on one item he could ONLY buy:

50,000 Filets of Kobe Steak: that's only 45 per meal for the entire year. LeBron is a growing boy.
66 Homes priced at 262,900 (average cost of a home in 2012): There are 50 states and some of them are very large. Conceivably you would want 2, maybe 3 in any given area to cut down on drive time. This seems pretty normal to me. 
760 Adult Female Elephants: If he is going to rival the Miami Zoo, or that guy in Zanesville, Ohio, he clearly will be needing a larger herd than this. 
3 100' Hargrave Yachts: Only 3!?!? Lined up head to end together they would ONLY equal the length of a football field. 
3,507,014 meals at LaRosa's for all you can eat Spaghetti: that's not even enough to take half of his Twitter followers, disgraceful.
70 Robinson R-22 Helicopters: 10 helicopters per continent does not really seem like enough
37 Rolls Royce Phantoms: Clearly he would need more cars than this, what if they all broke down and he couldn't make it to a game on time?
194,466 LeBron James Jerseys: Like he only has that many fans to give jerseys to? Who do you think he is? Mike Miller?
1392 Years Worth of Floor Seat Season Tickets to the Miami Heat: If the rumors are true and he did in fact receive the Sorcerer's Stone from Harry Potter then he will never die and come year 1393, would not be able to afford season tickets. That's a darn shame. 
4,929,577 Gallons of Gas in Florida: His job does demand him to travel a lot. 

In a day when the employment rate is pushing 8% and the average family income is about 50,500, or 1/346th of LeBron's income, the idea that a millionaire is not making enough money sounds even more absurd than normal. If you thought they did not already hate you enough in the blue collar towns of Cleveland and Akron, I think this slap to the face should do it for you. You greedy idiot. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that he owns at least one of the big ticket items from above, and eats Kobe beef on a daily basis. What baffles me is that his yearly salary allows him to buy 729,166 boxes of Rogaine, yet he constantly tries to hide his heinous receding hairline behind an $8 NBA logo headband.

    In all seriousness, though, I do hate when athletes or celebrities complain about money. Does LeBron realize that he makes more in one game, than my "max" yearly salary will be as a teacher. If I get my Master's Degree, plus 30 hours towards my Doctorate, I will make roughly $75,000/ year at the time of my retirement in 35 more years. Not to mention that my entire career earnings will likely equal that of a month of LeBron's yearly earnings.

    ReplyDelete