Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Thrice is Nice

1. Today is the trade deadling which makes it deadline day for me and that is exciting. Deadline day falls right behind NFL Draft Day and Selection Sunday for me in my order of most important none game sports watching days. I will certainly be planted in front of my TV starting at roughly 2 pm watching all of the breaking headlines of trades that just happened, might happen, and most of the time will not happen. The only real decision that I have to make is whether or not I choose to watch ESPN or the MLB Network. Last year I decided to jump back and forth between the two only to realize that I was missing information on both. Today is going to take dedication and mental strength to avoid the channel jumping.

2. Peter King is my favorite journalist to read about football with his Monday Morning Quarterback column and his Tuesday Morning Quarterback column. Well recently, Sports Illustrated made the brilliant move of giving Peter King his own website and he has built a heck of a stable of writers. King is one of the reasons that I enjoy writing so much because I hope to one day have the opportunity to write for an audience such as his. The main article on the website today touches on the comments that Mike Brown made about concussions (the guy is not smart) so I suggest all Bengals fans reading this to check out the website today and everyday if you like sports. You will get more knowledge than you every expected from his ever expanding line of intelligent journalists.
http://mmqb.si.com/

3. It is nearly Fantasy Football time, well OK it hasn't stopped being fantasy football time since last season for me but it's almost time for everyone else to start caring. My fantasy draft is 25 days from today and I have to announce my two keepers by tomorrow but I am not sure that I really want to keep any of my guys. I have the first overall pick this season and am strongly considering keeping no one despite knowing that it seems like a terrible strategy for a keeper league. Anyhow, it's about that time to start reading injury reports, weekly projections, Matthew Berry's love/hate and questioning things like "Is Colin Kaepernick a flash in the pan?", " Can RG3 stay healthy?", "Who will be this season's Cecil Shorts?" I can almost guarantee that I know none of those answers but that I will spend countless hours each week trying to find out and still likely not succeed.

Also, I do not have a fantasy football team name yet for this season. Taking all suggestions and the best five will be put into a poll and voted on for one week during the Thrice is Nice entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment