Friday, August 9, 2013

Thrice is Nice... Football Style

1. Thank goodness that football is back and I do not care that the games do not count and the starters only play two series, it's still football! I wish I had to more to say about this, but the truth of the matter is that football season is back and that is really all that does matter.

2. No fan drive me more crazy than over reacting fan who suddenly thinks that their team needs to get rid of its best player or starter because some guy looked awesome against the other team's third string defense. There is a reason that this player is playing against non-starters. I'm looking at you Mr. Josh Johnson should be our starting quarterback. He is not better than Andy Dalton, if he were he would not have been cut by the Buccaneers, 49ers, Lions (Sacramento Mountain Lions that is), and the Browns. I am not even a Bengals fan, but I am smart enough to know that because a guy can make a few plays (a scramble does not really count as making a play) against some guys who are simply trying to make the team, does not mean he is good enough to be a starter. I am not just picking on these fans, but on all fans across the board who overreact to the pre-season in either a positive or negative manner. Let's consider this:

2012 Ravens' Pre-Season Record: 2-2
2011 Giants' Pre-Season Record: 2-2
2010 Packers' Pre-Season Record: 2-2

Those are the last three teams to win a Super Bowl and they have combined for a .500 record in the pre-season. Why? Because they have better 1st string players than everyone else, and not because they have a backup quarterback who looked good for a few plays against other backups. Stop proclaiming Johnson to be the best quarterback on the Bengals.

3. This is why I love the NFL Network, you can watch every preseason game of every team on the NFL Network. They simply roll through all the games and give every fan a chance to watch their favorite team, which is very cool. It's not like they are getting a lot of commercial money for an 8am airing of the Browns vs Rams, but they are making it so I can watch it. That's pretty cool.

Bonus Tidbit

I have three Fantasy Football drafts that I am in the process of preparing for with 2 on the 18th and 1 on the 24th. I still need ideas for a Fantasy Football team name. Remember that the best 3-5 will be put up for a vote and the winner will receive a prize. I promise its a real thing and you will enjoy it!

Comment on here, or Facebook and let me know your suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Random Ideas...

    1. Kiss My Asomugha (Nnamdi Asomugha, Kiss My Ass)
    2. The Joeckel Straps (Luke Joeckel, The Jock Straps)
    3. White Cassel (Matt Cassel, White Castle)

    Since I'm a Gators fan...

    4. Not at the Table, Carlos! (Carlos Dunlap, reference to the movie The Hangover)
    5. The Big Tebowski (Tebow, in reference to The Big Lebowski)

    Since You're a Browns fan...

    6. Mingo Unchained (Barkevious Mingo, in reference to Django Unchained)
    7. Joen't Be Haden (Joe Haden, Don't Be Hatin')

    Funny "dirty" ones, because, well, we're guys...

    8. Show me your TD'S (Show me your titties)
    9. Schaub on my Knob (Matt Schaub, in reference to rap song, "Slob on my Knob" by Three 6 Mafia)
    10. Morning Woodhead (Danny Woodhead, in reference to morning wood)

    ReplyDelete