Sunday, March 17, 2013

Selection Sunday Scribbles

I just filled out the information sheet for the March Madness Bracket that I am in charge of and I could not be more excited to sit here for the next hour and watch the bracket revealed and then discuss and debate it for the next 3 days.

Pre-Show Thoughts:

Kentucky better not be in
Middle Tennessee better be
Doug Gottlieb drives me crazy
I am excited

Show Thoughts:

Midwest

Louisville as overall #1.... no one saw that two or three weeks ago
I'm predicting Kansas, Indiana and Gonzaga to join them as #1
Louisville in Lexington and then Indy does not seem fair
**Upset Alert** Oregon is a SUPER tough 12 seed, heads up Okla St
**Upset Alert** New Mexico State over St. Louis
Tough matchup for the Bearcats... Doug McDermott against a very tough Cincy Defense (I'm taking Creighton)
Middle Tennessee is In, as they should be
That is a very tough bracket for the over #1 seed


South

Early pick without looking at match ups is that Kansas is my National Champion
Watch parties for small schools are awesome
I thought that UNC would be higher than #8
Michigan dropping all the way to a #4 seed, that's a long slide from #1 in the country
Burke/Hardaway Jr vs Wolters from South Dakota St. makes for a high scoring game
**Upset Alert** Minnesota over UCLA
Easier bracket for Kansas than Louisville, seems backwards

East

I can't wait to see game times so I know how to schedule my weekend, I love a good match up starting at 10:07 pm
NC State has disappointed me this season, I expected more out of them
Temple will beat NC State
That is a LONG way for Syracuse to travel
Does John Groce have another tournament run in him?
Am I missing something? Why does Louisville seem to have the hardest bracket

West

I like Wichita St, a lot
Wisconsin a sneaky pick to get out of this bracket
I like that Boise St and La Salle are both in, means that Kentucky is very unlikely to be in
Dayton is a home game for OSU
How about a Big Ten tourney championship rematch for a trip to the Final Four?
Again, I think Louisville got shafted


Snubs:

Iowa
Tennessee
Southern Miss
(In that order)

People can complain about non-power conferences getting multiple teams in but until mid-majors stop making deep runs in the tournament, there is no reason to stop including them. 

IT'S TOURNAMENT TIME BABY!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment