Sunday, October 16, 2011

Jared Allen didn't kill Jay Cutler: this and other scribbles from the Sunday Night Football Game

Now that my beloved Browns, one fantasy team , the incoming 5-0 Favre Dollar Footlongs, and quite possibly my winless fantasy team, The Kardiac Kids, have all fallen all the short side of the scoreboard its time to sit down and see how long Jay Cutler can survive this Sunday. Cutler, whom I’m putting all my faith behind to help the Kardiac kids notch one in the win column, will be lucky just to leave this game without Jared Allen’s imprint tattooed on his body.

Pregame:
I get that Tony Dungy was an amazing catch and a great motivational speaker but is any pregame show more boring than this. Between him and Rodney Harrison, king of making a statement without saying anything of importance, the only thing interesting about this show is seeing Peter King rock a tie almost as crooked as the leaning tower of Pisa itself. Thank God its 8:20.

Brian Wilson taco bell commercial slays me every time. I think if I could hang out with one famous person for an afternoon, it would be him. Also, Tim McGraw is a lucky guy.

1st Quarter
-          Julius Peppers playing is huge for the Bears and I love Al Michaels attempting to stir controversy
-          One of my favorite things about SNF is men saying their grade schools and peewee teams, “Jason Strine, Batavia Falcons”
-          HUGE Touchdown Pass from Cutler to Hester, does anyone love primetime more than Devin Hester?
-          Thank you big play bonus in fantasy league, The Kardiac Kids have new life, 10 point play
-           Al Michaels just said “Thrice”. Classy
-          Safety. Did it look to anyone else like Donovan McNabb just laid down as opposed to trying to escape the pressure? It may be time for Christian Ponder Minnesota.
-          Major Wright is a cool name. I wonder if I can talk my future wife into letting me name one of my kids Major.
-          How good would Adrian Peterson be if he were on a team that could consistently throw the football?
-          16-0 Bears after one

2nd Quarter
-          Getting hit by Lance Briggs must be the equivalent of getting hit by a mid-sized Sedan
-          Ryan Longwell, best named kicker ever, drills 37 yarder to get Vikes on the board
-          I’m convinced that Jay Cutler throws the best falling backwards half jump 6 yard lob pass in the game
-          Cris Collinsworth just said the left tackle could block the sun, hands down my favorite announcer
-          17 yard punt, NFL Punter is a lose/lose job, either no one knows you are there or they know you did something terrible
-          Play action to the endzone would be nice right here from Cutler
-          Touchdown Chicago! Sanzenbacher reminds me of Ed McCaffrey
-          The Bears defense looks much faster tonight than they did last Monday, then again last week they were playing Matthew Stafford and tonight its McNabb
-          Who calls a timeout coming out of the two minute warning? Then follows it up with a false start? Then misses the field goal? Microcosm of Minnesota’s season, O Leslie
-          Gould down the middle. Chi town up 23
-          Donovan spins out of a sack, flash back to the his heyday

I hate these stupid Bob Costas monologues. They are overdramatic and corny. I would rather watch … well anything
3rd Quarter
-          Cutler fumbles, I should’ve known I could not trust Jay Cutler all night to not make a costly mistake.
-          He has expanded my fantasy lead to 15 though so if that’s the only turnover, I will take it
-          This drive has McNabb looking like old Donovan as opposed to just old
-          TD Peterson, Minnesota looks like a different team
-          Devin Hester KO return for touchdown, again Does anyone LOVE primetime more than Devin Hester?
-          2 Primetime games this season for the Bears, 3 Hester touchdowns. 3 Non primetime games, 0 Hester touchdowns
-          Thank you Brig. Gen Mark Brown. Really cool Chicago Bears.
-          Cutler yelling at Sanzenbacher for dropping high pass between two defenders over the middle of the field: I don’t know if I like his intensity or hate his whining?
-          O….. Bears add 3 more points, game getting out of hand
-          The Vikings offense has decided to stop playing, McNabb is taking a beating
-          I’m loving that Marion Barber is getting goal line carries so far. I am playing against Forte in my comeback attempt.
-          Bears 36  Vikes 10
-          I think the 4 fingers in the air should translate to the NFL

4th Quarter
-          With a game this out of hand and class in the morning, I would be lying if I said I was not hoping for this quarter to go very quickly.
-          Christian Ponder has entered the game.
-          He looks more like a kicker than a quarterback
-          Is McNabb sleeping? He looked as if he was just napping on the sidelines, it is kind of late for the old fella
-          Ponder is impressing, but I’d guess the Bears defense is about as focused on this game as I am right now
-          I think Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz should have one of those Fox Celebrity Boxing matches or at the very least they should compete in World Strongest Man type competitions. (Can you tell the game is a 29 point blowout?)
-          Vikings owner is way to cheerful and wavy for my liking with his team getting embarrassed on National Television
-          Michelle Tafoya killing it on the stadium information front
-          Meanwhile, the Cardinals just went up 6 runs in the 8th making them a near lock for the World Series. Makes me sick.
-          My prediction of Jared Allen going crazy tonight was way off, I can admit my mistakes. I have to give it up to the Bears offensive line.
-          I hate Art Modell. I feel bad that his wife passed away but I still hate him.
-          Finally, game is over.
-          Bears trounce Vikes 39 - 10

No comments:

Post a Comment